- Town Council election results
- ALERT: House break-in Tuesday
Town Council election (unofficial) results
- Brad Barcom
- Carla Gaff-Clark
- Robert Tomey
House break-in Tuesday
At approximately 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, someone reportedly attempted to break into a home on Riverview Drive at 53rd Street. Witnesses observed a mid-90s black Chevrolet Impala near the scene. Apparently a baseball bat was used to bash a hole in the door so the intruder could reach in to unlock the door. Several witnesses later observed three white males apparently casing other properties, even entering the property of a home. It is unknown at this time if the incidents are connected.
Remember to keep your doors locked–to your house, your garage, your vehicles, and your storage sheds. Keep valuables out of site, away from your windows.
Also, if you hire anyone to do work in or around your house, make sure you know and trust them.
The Indianapolis Marion County Police Department has prepared a tip-sheet to help you better protect your property.
If you come home to find an unexplained open/broken window or door
- Do not enter – the perpetrator may still be inside.
- Use a neighbor’s phone to call police. Dial 911.
- Do not touch anything or clean up until the police have inspected for evidence.
- Write down the license plate numbers of any suspicious vehicles.
- Note the descriptions of any suspicious persons.
DIAL 911 for police assistance.